Who Needs Stash Pot Pie?
Here’s an easy test to see if you should join Stash Pot Pie at Your Favorite Quilt Shop. Ask yourself the
questions that follow. If you answer yes to more than half of them, then you need Stash Pot Pie!
1. Do you ever go on a fabric-buying binge?
2. Do you ever shop for fabric alone?
3. Do you consider yourself a social or recreational fabric collector?
4. Is too much fabric never enough?
5. Do you ever have a craving for more fabric?
6. Are you in denial? Do you swear you’re actually saving money by building up your stash before cotton prices rise?
7. Do you consider your habit “quilting therapy”?
8. Have you ever fondled your stash first thing in the morning?
9. Are you guilty of being a “pusher,” turning others on to your addiction?
10. Have you ever experienced a “blackout”—finding fabric in your stash you don’t remember buying?
11. Is your definition of a “needle exchange” different from that of others?
12. Do you ever buy fabric when you are disappointed, under pressure, or have had a quarrel with someone?
13. Can you handle more fabric now than when you first started to quilt?
14. When shopping with friends or spouses, do you try to sneak in a few extra fat quarters that others won’t know about?
15. Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable if fabric is not available?
16. Do you sometimes feel a little guilty about your stash?
17. Has a family member or close friend ever expressed concern or complained about the size of your stash?
18. Do you often want to continue buying fabric after your friends say you’ve had enough?
19. Have you sometimes failed to keep promises you’ve made to yourself about controlling or cutting down on your stash?
20. Are you an adult child of a quilter?
You need Stash Pot Pie!
You may want to do all your cutting ahead of time. If you do, you will get your quilt done or nearly done in one class. No special tools are required for any of the quilts, but we will make suggestions if we have helpful tools in mind.